Every day there are more people from children to adults who do not feel comfortable with their smile, and fewer and fewer want to show the "wires" in their mouth, despite the fact that they are personalized with different tones and colors. since the disadvantages that may arise are known:
- Braces are less aesthetic, although they have been reduced over time, they are still too noticeable for certain professions such as artists, receptionists, customer service personnel and can even be a real torment for children and adolescents who carry, historically considered as a reason for bullying.
- The beginning of the treatment is very difficult for professional singers, announcers, storytellers and actors since diction is difficult for them due to the vibration of the metal.
- To all cases is added how painful it is, manifesting from mild discomfort to intense pain caused by the movement of the teeth. There is also the sensation of pressure and pain, irritations or sores on the lips, cheeks and tongue from rubbing them with the Brackets.
- If oral hygiene is not properly maintained, it will lead to the appearance of stains and cavities, because the bacterial plaque accumulates around the Brackets, causing stains that mean a demineralization of tooth enamel, which when worsening become cavities.
- They are the cause of gingival inflammation due to the accumulation of bacterial plaque in the brackets, which results in red and swollen gums that bleed easily when brushing.
- Dental care and brushing must be meticulous, otherwise it will lead not only to cavities, but also to a characteristic bad breath, since the remains of food are trapped between the brackets and the teeth.